Monday, November 20, 2006

I've Been a Little Listless

Luckily, Suze started this one and Jenn picked it up--so it's my turn!

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Dude, I need to brush my hair.
2. How much cash do you have on you? About $30.

3. What’s a word that rhymes with “DOOR?” Four.

4. Favorite planet? Pluto. I don't care what those scientists say. Take away Pluto, and My Very Elderly Mother Just Served Us Nine nothings.

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? A number I don't recognize. I get a lot of drunk dialing, so some reason.

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone? I don't have one since I'm stupid about downloading ringtones. Tom has his phone programmed to play "Birdhouse in your Soul" when I call!

7. What shirt are you wearing? A brown/grey t-shirt that has Mr. Owl and the Tootsie Pop Kid and asks, "Mr. Owl, How many licks does it take?"

8. Do you “label” yourself?I would if I had one of those DynaLabels from when I was a kid. Maybe I should get a Brother P-Touch, and label everything in my house like some OCD freak--wait. I read this wrong. Sorry, pseudogeek.

9. Name the brand of your shoes you’re currently wearing? Sketchers. A comfy brown pair I bought on the Cape.

10. Bright or Dark Room?Dark.

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? I think she has an amazing will despite everything she's gone through and I wish I could bottle her so I could drink her and absorb some of that. She'd have a greater kick than Ale-8, but not as flat tasting.

12. What does your watch look like? I don't wear one. My last watch had the battery die, and I never replaced it.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night?Sleeping, until I had to get up to go pee and have a drink of water.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? My bill is ready for my review and payment.

15. Where is your nearest 7-11?The only one I know of is 32 miles away, near where I used to work.

16. What’s a word that you say a lot? No. (I have a 2 year old, give me a break!)

17. Who told you he/she loved you last? Tom.

18. Last furry thing you touched? My cat, Zeke.

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? Caffeine, Nicotine, Alcohol, Nasonex, and Synthroid. So, five. Not so far gone I can't count.

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed?None! For a change.

21. Favorite age you have been so far? 28-29. I was 28 when I got married and got pregnant and 29 when I had my son.

22. Your worst enemy?Me. And Syndrome.

23. What is your current desktop picture? Random cute picture of CJ--home and work.

24. What was the last thing you said to someone? "How many lushes do we have in this crowd?" Said to our admin, while we were deciding if we should bring wine to our lunch event today.

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?Million bucks. I can buy first class tickets, then. Actually, I could buy a house back East within driving distance and not have to fly again!

26. Do you like someone? I'm married--I'm supposed to like him, right?

27. The last song you listened to? I had to laugh at Jenn's answer of White and Nerdy, because it's the answer for me, too. I listened to It's All About the Pentiums right before that.

28. What time of day were you born?1:17pm

29. What’s your favorite number? the square root of 1764.

30. Where did you live in 1987? BFE. Almost literally.

31. Are you jealous of anyone? No, not that I can think of.

32. Is anyone jealous of you? Lindsey Lohan.

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? At home, nursing a horrible headache.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?Pound the buttons a couple more times, a little harder, then I curse.

35. Do you consider yourself kind? I try to be. I'm as philanthropic as a misanthrope can be.

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? I'm trying to imagine the circumstances in which I *had* to get a tattoo. Like, if the Democrats really went nuts and enacted some law that we all must have an American flag tattooed on us to prove our patriotism and act as a national ID card. I'd get mine on my ass--that way, any time I had to show papers to an official, I'd moon them. "License, insurance, and registration, ma'am." "Sure, officer!" Ziiiiip!

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? Spanish. Maybe Italian. I'm a sucker for Italian, like Wanda.

38. Would you move for the person you loved?Absolutely.

39. Are you touchy feely?Yes. But only with certain people. If you're not one of those people, don't touch me. If you are one of those people, you'll know, since I'll likely touch you first.

40. What’s your life motto? I've never really thought of a motto for life. I just live it.

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times? A pen, my glasses, and those little mite-things that live on your eyebrows.

42. What’s your favorite town/city?Brewster, MA. No question.

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? A hot dog and a soda at Costco on Saturday.

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? I can't remember. I write lots of letters, but never mail them.

45. Can you change the oil on a car? I used to be able to, but not anymore. I used to able to change a battery, too, until the car manufacturers started putting that bar across the battery to support the frame--I don't have a wrench that can fit those bolts. So now I have AAA.

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?While not technically the *last* thing I heard about him, he cut off his mullet. That's noteworthy.


47. How far back do you know about your ancestry? I know back to my grandparents on each side, but that's it. I know that I am Scotch, Irish, Welsh, and Cherokee, which means you don't want to be around me if I go on a bender.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? I wore a sapphire blue dress, had my hair and makeup done at Regis salon, and got a french manicure. I have never been so fancy in my life, but it was my wedding day.

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?My shoulder. I slept on it funny.

50. Have you been burned by love? Once or twice, but it doesn't matter now.

19 comments:

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

How would one go about bottling a person? Would it be kinda like the Skeksis when they use The Dark Crystal to drain the essence of the Podlings? If so, that looks painful. Please don't ever bottle me! (LOL!)

Loved reading this post! Glad to see that you came out of your hiatus and posted something.

Big hugs!

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Oh, and on #41 - I thought those mite thingies lived on your eyelashes, not your eyebrows. Now I have to go online and look it up (since I'm a geek and all).

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Umm... we were both right. The demodex mite lives on both the eyebrow and eyelash, as well as other facial hair. But, ewwwww.... I wish I hadn't read the entire Wikipedia entry on Demodex mites. I feel all icky now, knowing that I have little tiny bugs breeding, eating and decomposing on my eyebrows and eyelashes!!!! Get them off! Get them off!

I can't wait until Thursday and Friday's paid holiday. Can you tell?

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

And why is 42 your favorite number?

Everett said...

Probably because it's the answer to THE question of the meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Ooohh, speaking of Ale-8. I miss it soooo much. Next time I'm in Ky., I think I'll have to mail myself like 500 cases of it or something!

Becca said...

Wow. I post and go away for one day....

I don't know about the bottling process, since I don't think I've seen all of Labyrinth (maybe I've watched it once). I was thinking more of the bottling process from Oddworld, where the soda is made from Mudoken tears. Although that still is pretty painful for the Mudokens. I promise I won't bottle you until I can figure out a relatively humane way to do it.

Becca said...

I remember hearing about the eyebrow and eyelash mites years ago. I've been creeped out ever since. And I learned at a doctor's visit a couple weeks ago that staph bacteria live on the skin! Just hanging out, la-dee-da, havin' a grand old time! That's creepy.

Becca said...

As for the last few comments--I miss Ale-8, too, although it has always tasted to me like flat ginger ale. Every time I go back, I have to buy a bottle at a gas station (I don't know why a gas station, it just is).

And Everett, ding ding ding ding ding! *pointing fnger to nose*

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Ummm... The Skeksis and Podlings are from "The Dark Crystal", another Jim Henson collaboration. And if you haven't seen that one, then you must buy it for yourself soon! It's very good!

Becca said...

Labyrinth, Dark Crystal--it's all the same movie, right?

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

[GASP!] Sacriledge! Horrors! How can you confuse these two wonderful, very different films? The only thing they have in common is the fact that Jim Henson's workshop made the puppets for both. (Well, okay, also a lot of the same crew worked on both films), but other than that, they are vastly different and both are highly entertaining. [Although, the Podlings do remind me of giant Doozers from "Fraggle Rock". Must be a precursor, kinda like the Giant Camel that went extinct and now we just have little(r) camels.]

Okay, now that I'm done proving, once again, what a huge geek I've grown up to be, you need to watch The Dark Crystal, 'kay? Are you working from home tomorrow?

Becca said...

I am working from home tomorrow. Right now, I'm just glad I didn't mention the Black Cauldron.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Yanno, I haven't seen The Black Cauldron. I've meant to, but never could find it out on DVD when I remembered to look for it. Maybe I can put that down on my list of things to tell Jamie to buy for Mommy for Christmas! LOL!

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

"I am Geek, hear me squeak". I just Googled The Black Cauldron, couldn't quite remember what it was. It's a cartoon. Totally different genre from Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal. So no excuses on that one if you had gotten them confused.

Are you busy today, or just (like me) pretending to work and counting the minutes until you get to shut everything off and forget about work for four days? LOL!

Becca said...

I'm pretending for a short while longer, then I'm going out for the bird I intend to eat tomorrow. I always seem to wait till the last minute.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

You better hope there are some boids left! Rachel and I are supposed to go get a ham tonight with the kids.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

I just got #22. Jamie and I watched "The Incredibles" over (and over and over and over and over) the weekend. I had forgotten that "Incrediboy" grew up to become "Syndrome".

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Hey, just because we chatted yesterday on the phone doesn't let you off the hook on blogging. It's been 11 days, missy! Get typing!

:-)