Thursday, November 02, 2006

Four Day Weekend!

I just shut down the laptop and packed it up--I'm not touching it again till Tuesday morning. I have a four day weekend for no real reason, and I like it that way. It's been a tough couple weeks, and it'll just continue through the rest of the year. This is my little break till Thanksgiving, and after that, it's bulling through till my end of year break.

In the meantime, I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for a much overdue checkup, probably getting blood drawn, and maybe going to lunch with Jay. I'm talking to Tom tonight about a honey-do list to get a few things done, and I plan to enjoy the weekend with CJ. He's going to daycare tomorrow, but I might keep him home with me for a Mommy Day on Monday depending on how things go.

That's about it. Maybe I'll have more after the weekend.

6 comments:

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

I love Mommy days. I get one the day after Thanksgiving. My work gives us two days for Thanksgiving, and Jamie gets the whole week off from school. Yay, this month I get two days off with pay! Woo hoo! Wish I was going to G-town to see my adopted family. Oh well, once I get through school, I'll be able to take Jamie on more trips. That's something nice to look forward to!

Big hugs!

Tooz said...

Are you sick? It seems odd for you to be taking a day off, but then, what do I know? Just concerned, I guess.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Wanted to post a comment related to your previous post. Apparently, it isn't safe to check the mail, either. I got that same tract delivered in the mail with a nice long letter from a woman I've met once around the apt complex. Basically, she told me how much she pities me for the fact that I'm so misled and am going to hell, and how she's sorry my misguided efforts have damned my son's soul to hell. Soooooooo totally the wrong way to approach me. I'm keeping the tract with me, so that I can give it back to the woman next time I see her up at the mailboxes. I'll also ask her to kindly keep her tracts to herself.

Becca said...

Oh, dude, that is just not right! I don't care what the circumstances are, I don't condone that kind of thing at all.

I thought I had posted a comment this weekend, but I guess Blogger. No, I'm not sick, just taking care of a few things from a preventative standpoint. I've been off my Synthroid since CJ was born and I need it again, so I have to get the blood work done before my doctor can determine the dosage. Also, I have no idea where my cholesterol is. I know it won't be good news.

ann said...

On Jennifer's letter: what a sad and lonely freak. Maybe you should witness to her.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Or maybe I could return the favor... Her address is on the envelope... I could mail her a bunch of tracts from my NEW church. Yep, I said I have a new church. I love it! And when the craziness of trying to write papers and having to work tons of overtime on an 85 page paper is over, I'll blog and tell you all about it!