Friday, April 18, 2008

Sometimes I Wish I Were Charlene*

Catching up on TV from the DVR list tonight, I'm watching last night's Colbert Report.

Incidentally, this is one of CJ's favorite shows. He loves the eagle, and gets very excited whenever we watch "Bear Pore".

Anyway, I read the article on Yahoo this morning about the Colbert Bump in reference to Hillary's appearance last night. I didn't know that John Edwards also made an appearance and did one of the funniest and smartest monologues I've seen in sometime.

Oh, John. I'm so sad things didn't work out this year. I would have voted for you, if you hadn't dropped out five days before our primary.

I'm still behind you, and I'll see you in four years. You'll get my vote, and you won't even have to buy me a jet-ski.

*a cyber cookie to whomever gets the reference.

7 comments:

Strangeite said...

Not even for a pair of Kawasaki jet-skis?

Lydia said...

No cookie here because I don't know who the heck Charlene is. I would only guess Charlene from "Designing Women". She and Charlene Revel from GBC are the only Charlene's I've known. Oh, and Charlene Stebbins. (?) Anyhoo, what's the Colbert Report and why does C.J. sound like a little version of Everett?

Becca said...

Well, he's not biting the heads of chocolate Santy Clauses (although I did try to teach him that). He also hasn't tried chopping off his foot with a butter knife in emulation of Roots (but I haven't let him watch Roots...yet).

But you have given me pause.

ann said...

I give up.

Hey, I stopped by to visit your links, and you didn't have any. You used to. What happened to them? I thought I remembered you having good links.

Becca said...

Charlene is from "Bear Pore". She's the woman that Stephen of stalking. I would think she'd be flattered that he made a music video just for her.

As for the links--I think they got lost when I changed the template to the lighthouse after my trip to the Cape two years ago. I never got around to putting them back. I suppose I should. Maybe after I get back from the Cape in July (Happy Birthday to me!).

Lydia said...

"Sometimes I Wish" you'd post more often! Where are you?? You're not at the cape yet, are you?

Tooz said...

I've got to echo Lydia--I see your mom more often than I hear from you! You have some friends back here who are missing you. Love you.