Friday, March 30, 2007

YTNNRDY

It has been quite the absence, and quite a bit has happened in the past two months. I talked to Jenn pretty regularly during most of that, so I'm sure she'll keep me honest and point out if I missed anything truly significant.

I was gone for no good reason, really, other than I was in a deep funk and had to dig out. I was solidly entrenched in anger phase for a while--I picked a fight with Tom one morning on the car, complete with floorboard stomping, because he had the audacity to pay me a compliment! How dare he! I'm coming back to grips, still dealing with issues, but it'll get better. March 2 was Dad's birthday (and Todd's, too) and that was much harder than I expected it to be.

My son is now addicted to Blue's Clues (preferably the episodes with Steve). I can't check the mail without singing. He asks for it as soon as he wakes up, as soon as we pick him up from daycare, and as soon as he walks in the door. He has begun to incorporate the dance moves during the songs and can now perform Jazz Hands! He also cleans up his toys before bed, although we have fights every night about bedtime. Namely he doesn't want to go. I long for the days when he would pick up his blanket, say night-night, and try to climb into his crib at night. Oh, well.

I have a new car. Instead of renewing the tags on the 2000 Olds I'd been driving, I bit the bullet and got a great deal on my first new car ever--a 2007 Toyota Prius. I'm getting 48 MPG on my 85 mile commute now, and feel better about not contributing to the brown cloud that hovers over Phoenix. It's a sweet ride, once one gets past the feeling that the engine has stalled when transferring to the electric motor.

Home improvement news--had the old, non-sliding glass door removed and replaced with french doors, which make a big difference! They have the blinds inside the door, between the panes, so no more dusting, and despite having less surface glass than the sliding doors, they somehow make the room seem brighter. My only regret is I didn't have it done sooner.

Let's see, what else? There's something big that I'm missing, but since I quit smoking my brain has turned to mush. I just don't know what it could be? I'm sure Jenn will remind me.

8 comments:

ann said...

What's that title there?

Becca said...

My fault--I forgot to mention it in the post. That's the vanity plate I'm thinking of getting for my car. 10 points for figuring it out correctly (Jenn excluded since I already told her).

Tooz said...

I want to try--is it white and nerdy?

Becca said...

Ten points for Tooz! Great job!

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Could the big item you forgot be that YOU QUIT SMOKING!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!

Yay for Becca! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!

ann said...

Congratulations!!

Hey, do you use my page for links? I noticed your red dot is almost as large as mine. (I click on my own blog a lot because I follow my links back and forth.)

Anonymous said...

what red dot?

ANyway, I'm sorry about your Dad, Becca. And I'm sorry I waited so long to tell you so.

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Becca, don't make me sing my "Scooby Doo" theme song parody at you again!